Easter is the best excuse to take a little break from the clean eating routine and indulge in yummy treats. It’s all about balance y’all and as the famous Parks and Rec quote goes, ‘Treat yo self’. These vegan vanilla cupcakes are sweet, indulgent and very addictive. Treat yo self Easter 2017.
This recipe will make around 20 medium sized cupcakes so if you want to make a smaller batch then halve the measurement of ingredients.
-3 cups of flour (I used plain whole meal flour)
-2 cups of stevia (you can use regular granulated sugar or another alternative)
-2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp salt
-1 ¾ cups of almond milk (or other plant based milk)
-1 cup of canola oil
-1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan setting)
- Combine and whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Combine and whisk the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Slowly whisk wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl. The consistency should be smooth with no lumps. Be careful not to over mix though!
- Pour the cake mixture into cupcake patties ¾ of the way up.
- Place into the oven and check after 20 minutes. Use a skewer or sharp knife to pierce a cupcake to ensure that it is fully baked. If it comes out wet then leave the cupcakes in for a few more minutes.
- Once cooked, remove and place on a cooling rack.
- You can leave the cupcakes ‘naked’ or if you’re feeling really indulgent then decorate with icing and other bits. Woolworths sell a vegan pre-mad icing mix which is what I’ve used or you can make your own version. I also grated dark chocolate on top, which I bought in Aldi. Dairy free and delicious!